Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm Not Gonna Write You a Love Song

I had one of those days yesterday...the kind where I disasterbate and launch into my quarterlife crisis mode..."Who am I? What do I want? How do I get there? Why can't I get there faster?"

Surely all two of you that read this can identify. Any how, I feel a lot more at peace today. I can't really tell you why...the questions and uncertainty remain, I just feel confident that life will work it out. Plus, I am taking the day off tomorrow...for a mental break, so today is technically my Friday. We don't have a lot of days on this earth. Roughly 30,000 if you expect to live until at least 80
(check out the mister's extremely well written post on it, here). Spending too many of those days stressed out about the subsequent days does seem like a total waste of precious days.

So whether or not the place I am in is right or wrong for me. Whether I end up making everything work the way I plan or wait tables...I really need to take it one day at time. Which is much easier to write than practice!

I'll leave you with this. I love DMB like most 15-35 year olds, been to several shows...and I've heard "You & Me" tons of times before...but this weekend, while cleaning the house with my honey, I really "heard" this song. Such a beautiful love song. I want my life to sound like this song...


No comments:

Post a Comment